Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tis' the Season....

I went through a stretch of a decade or more without getting a hint of a cold or virus during the winter or any season....that all changed during high school football officiating in 2015.  I came up with a cold, which turned into Bronchitis and because I refused to get it taken care of,  it lasted about 3 months...happens when you reach middle 60s....well that was the catalyst , and in the past 15 months I have had the virus 3 times, and I may, or hopefully not, becoming up on event #4.  At this point it "just a cold" and I still managed to get in my games at Delphos St. Johns last evening....we will see how it shakes out, but no more will I allow it to linger....off to the urgent care site I will go if it's not better in the next day or so, or worse yet, it gets worse!


With High School Basketball fully underway and the Christmas Holiday Season upon us times will be busy. Last weekend we went down to Lebanon, Ohio, for our annual Christmas Train excursion with youngest son Hal, his wife, and the Grandsons....


I continue to watch the post election news with a jaundiced view....the far left loons and their panic and hysteria over Trump's Victory is something else to behold....including the media, they are a group of Anti American Misfits, who should just pull the trigger on their miserable selves and be done with it, thus putting them out of their, and our,  misery....the Founding Fathers are, without a doubt, spinning in their graves watching this from the Great Beyond.

I would be remiss if I didn't recall that today, December 7th, is the 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor, when the Japs, for reasons likely only known to them and FDR, targeted the tiny Island Base....I visited the Arizona Memorial when I was on R&R from Vietnam in April 1970....the nearly 29 years post Attack seems like a long time ago, back then...and now?  75 years....where have the days since April 1970 gone?

Back Later....

Photos:  top~Pearl Harbor 12/7/1941  Grandsons K~Man and Kam on the Lebanon to Cincinnati Christmas Train, and PRH in Hawaii on R&R April 1970

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...