Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Red Door Celina, Ohio Revisited


 Back in the early days of this Blog, about 7 months in to be exact {when I was posting daily} I recalled the times I was Bartending and Managing "The Red Door" in Celina...well Hell I was checking "comments" to see if they were worth posting or pitching and I came across one from the Original Owner/Founder of the "Door", one Bill Huber.

I remember Bill well, from my late teens when he turned the "Golden Cue" into the Night Life of "Sin City"/Celina..."The Red Door".  I wasn't a close contact of Bill's but I do remember him and his wife Claudia well...her family owned another watering hole in Celina, down by the Tracks,  "Kerns Town Tavern"...at least I think that is how it was...perhaps.

Anyway, rather than talk about our Idiot of a President, or the contrived "War With Russia" or the even more contrived "COVID will kill us all", I think I will post a couple of older posts from March and April 2008, when I was thinking back about The Red Door, and looking forward to the 40th Red Door Reunion, and it's aftermath:

March 2008 Looking Back at The Red Door

After a "Back and Forth" in my mind, I finally decided to give that 40th Reunion a go...and here is that story:

Red Door Reunion 2008 part #1

and one final look back...thanks to Bill Huber for me looking back at this post from nearly 14 years ago...a 'reunion" of sorts in itself:

http://patsdailyrant.blogspot.com/2008/04/red-door-final-lookfor-now.html

Red Door Reunion part #2

back later with some "new stuff" perhaps soon  :)-


No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...