Monday, October 23, 2017

Pre Indian/Indian Summer







You can't really call the past couple of weeks "Indian Summer" because we really have had no below average or even a freeze or hard frost to speak of{that may come to and end before the coming weekend is finished} ... Regardless of what you call it, the past week or more has been great for getting out, riding the TW, or just sitting out back watching the dogs and cats, downing a craft beer or two and smoking a good cigar....

Friday 10/20/17

Riding the Lakes....



Got out late morning, fired up the TW and headed out solo, with cameras in tow...ending up putting 130 miles on the Yamaha, and by the time I got back home I had just hit 7000 miles on the bike since I purchased it new in late March of 2014...I was disappointed with the fall colors, so far they just are not happening.  I started out heading south to that portion of Grand Lake, then across Auglaize and into Logan County heading due east towards Indian Lake....around that lake I rode, stopped and took some photos, including those of a covered bridge that I last visited, again on the TW, back in September 2015....Indian Lake had a bit more color, and more boaters and fishermen out than Grand Lake....not as polluted as our lake is the reason for the latter two items.


I circled that body of water, stopped at McDonald's for a quick afternoon breakfast and coffee, and then headed home, snapping some photos along the way...in addition to the 130 miles, I logged about 5 hour bike time.

Saturday 10/21/17

Visiting the "K~Men"...

On Saturday morning I was up early and on my way south...a rare visit solo to Hal and his family...usually Patricia is front and center for those visits, but one of us had to stay home with Anissa, and I had not seen the older Grandson Kasyn play soccer, and this was the final game of the year....

I arrived about 8:30 and stayed until 2pm...Soccer, Pumpkin Carving, and breakfast and lunch with Hal, Lisa, and the Boys....by the time I arrived home, I was pretty well gassed from all the fresh air from the previous two days....good times!

Sunday 10/22/17

Last of the Good Weather....

After Anissa and I took our weekly visit to mom's while Patricia was in church, I pretty much shut down for much of the day...sat outside {still no NFL games for me, and there won't be anytime soon, if ever} with the dogs, cats, and about 5pm I decided to sip a beer or two and partake in one of my favorite cigars, a Drew Estate Irish Hops....that pretty much closed out the weekend....and the breeze that had been kicked up by the time the sun began to set, foretold the end of the above normal and dry conditions we had been enjoying for the past couple of weeks.

Today...

Still warm, but some scattered rain has arrived, although despite the predictions of a half inch of wet...most of the rain seems to be on all sides of the lake area, north, south west, and east...so perhaps we wont' get that much...but cooler weather is in store regardless....so as I sit here typing and with the World Series at hand...Dodgers vs Astros?  Doesn't really ring a bell in my mind, but will root, somewhat, for Houston, only because they have never won a WS Ring....in either league....

Meanwhile I am enjoying Game #7 of the 1952 World Series between the Yankees and Brooklyn Dodgers....back before I became a Yank and Mickey Mantle fan a few years later ... a long time ago, when baseball was played by men and that cancer called "Free Agency" did not exist....here is the link to the 1952 Classic:

Game 7 1952 World Series

enjoy if you have time....pure escape for us old farts....Duke, The Mick, The Chief, Casey, Yogi, Pee Wee, and Jackie Robinson. and of course Mel Allen and Red Barber doing the play~by~play....what a great time in baseball and America it was.

Back Later>>>>




No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...