Monday, November 1, 2021

{Another} Florida Trip Post and Report...

 


Seems I usually get down to my old home state about every two years...and each time the place is more crowded, and more fished out, and more traffic...and of course more F**king People.  It is especially noticeable in my old home town of Venice.  As much as I loved the place growing up for the decade from the early 1950s through 1962, I almost cringe, almost Hell, I do a major cringe, when I see what the developers and overcrowding have done to that bit of Paradise...Naples, where youngest sister lives, and now my 97 year old mom lives with her and sister's husband, is even worse...the traffic and crowds in October are bad...can't imagine what they will be like post Christmas??  {yes I can imagine, and cringe some more}.


The only parts I found on this 11 days jaunt, that were worthwhile, were Flagler Beach {a few miles north on the Atlantic of where Mom's Condo was located on A1A in Ormond Beach}, my Old Ohio Friend Tom's place on the St. Johns River, north of DeLand, and my quite time in the Everglades and Big Cypress Swamp on the northern edge of the Park...I 95 on the east, I 75 on the west were clogged with traffic and moronic driving fools...

The fishing plans, were not up to snuff, and I bailed on visiting some old friends, because of traffic, and other considerations.  Despite fishing "reports" that are not worth "reporting on" and a less than quality photographic group of sessions, I did get some times that I enjoyed in...


Will I go back?  Of course, if I'm still alive and kicking...gotta a couple of more places I want to check out...Cedar Key is one.  I was going to work my way there this time, but on my way north, I-75 and the west coast were crashed by a mass of major lightning and wind storms ... so I bailed on that and on my planned trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama, to see an old Football Crewmate and umpiring buddy of mine...those, God willing, will come along on the next go~around.

Meanwhile this and the next few posts will feature some photos from the trip...

Photos-{1}Found this little 1950s style "Hole in the Wall" Motel across from the beach on A1A at Flager Beach...decent price, not cheap but less than $100 a night, stayed for 2 nights, next time, when I drag Patricia down, it may be for a week...nothing fancy, but great location and hospitality...{2} The Room layout...{3} On the Trip Back on I-75 near Ocala, this storm and other items, ended my plans on Cedar Key and the Gulf of Alabama...it was a major cluster foxtrot...

More Photos and Story details beginning with the next post....

Bottom Photo...Flagler Beach at Sunrise on 10/21/21






 

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...