Friday, November 5, 2021

Part #3 More Florida Trip Photos...Flagler Beach, Daytona, and the St. Johns River

 


Amazing what a couple of weeks, or even days can do...

When I left for my 11 day solo trip to Florida on October 19th, the weather in Ohio was sunny and warm...when I returned it was raining and has been cool to cold and frosty since, although the rains have ended and we are now getting cool and sunny/dry, which looks like by early next week with get back into the low to mid 60s for a few days, before Indian Summer ends. We are likely in for 4 months of winter, hopefully the Bullshit "Science" of man made Global Warming will see another warm winter, surely to cause panic in the loons/Chicken Little types, on the left...😆

Meanwhile when I arrived at Flagler Beach, on the Atlantic side of North Florida, just above Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach, on the 21st it was dry, warm, and humid...check out the Flagler Pier today {11/5/2021} compared to what it was just 2 weeks ago....here is the Pier Cam from Flager:

Flagler Pier Cam

Quite the difference from this:   >>>>

My youngest son, his boys and wife, along with her family are in Orlando and Disney World the next 10 days...looks like the lousy weather will be done by Monday, thus saving most of his expensive vacation...

Photos Above:  Tom's place on the St. Johns River has this Dock View...didn't catch many fish, but I enjoyed the view and stay...2nd photo above, the Flagler Pier on my Morning Fish Day, Friday 10/22/21...much better than today 11/5/21..





After leaving Flagler around Noon two weeks ago, on the 5th, I headed some 40 miles inland to Astor, Florida, on the St. Johns River...there I stayed with an old Ohio friend, Tom, who works with Horses, Trotters, and Pacers, near DeLand...Tom rents a fine place on the River, and I stayed there Friday and Saturday Nights, before heading out towards the Gulf Side of Florida and my old hometown of Venice...

Friday Afternoon Late we headed to Daytona Beach to the Oyster Pub for some Oysters and Beers...Saturday it was fishing, beer, and then pizza, as we watched Ohio State dismantle Indiana's football team.

Photos above...My old Ohio buddy Tom Friedly at the Daytona Oyster Pub...Tom had the Raw ones and Chili Soup, while I had the soup and a half dozen "Stuffed Fitzpatrick" Oysters...I much prefer them cooked and done...some folks like them raw...💀


More Later>>>


No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...