Thursday, January 30, 2020

2019...Looking back in words and photos Part #3 May

I've been a bit slow getting this finished, here we are almost to February...the old saying "Time Flies By, the Older you Get"  is certainly true in my case at least...71 years approaching in about 6 weeks.

May and June 2019...

Another thing about getting older, again, at least in my case, you hate cold weather more and more, and despite not being a fan of Hot Humid Weather, I enjoy warm over cold, especially late Spring and early Fall...at least here in the Heartland...

Since me and the OHSAA {Ohio High School Athletic ASS~ociation} parted ways back in late 2017, I continued to stay busy umpiring and officiating, but only when I wanted to...so as May rolled around, I picked out a few baseball summer league games {ACME} and held that number to a dozen or so...including working the Senior and Junior ACME State Tournaments....but as May arrived, I had other things on my mind...starting with Rick Pearson, Clint Thompson, and my, annual Mesick Area Mushroom Hunt in Michigan.


Rick started going up there 30 or more years ago...I have joined him most of the last 14 or 15 seasons of  hunting Morell Mushrooms...the weather is unpredictable...sometimes wet, sometimes cold, some times in between, or like 2018 very warm.  This past year, 2019, was a "Betweener...mostly cloudy, foggy, but not cold.

But like the last few years, we motel it, rather than camp, and we were, for the most part, "Shut Out"...that bums Pearson out...ME?  Not so much, I'm there for the comradeship and beers...

This past year, we spent a couple of days before and after at Rick's place on 17 acres in Northeast Indiana, north of Fort Wayne...while fishing we had and unusual happening...a large, Large Mouth Bass, 4 pounds at least, was jumping crazy like in Rick's Pond...Clint noticed him first, then as Rick and I were walking around the pond we noticed this big fellow floating on the top???  Not normal for this pond...no enemies except maybe a Hawk or Heron, but this guy was not damaged, at least not on the outside...so we hauled him in.  Lo and Behold this guy had bitten off more than he could chew...trying to eat and swallow a good sized Bluegill, it became stuck in the Bass's throat and gills, and he choked to death in the act...Karma!  Especially since the Bluegill survived...we pulled him out and he {she?} swam on it's merry way.
 

I also managed to catch some good  Full Moon photos over Rick's Pond...thus making up somewhat for us not hitting the Mushroom Goldmine ..

The rest of May saw me spend some time with the Grandsons...not as much as my wife or perhaps the other grandparents, but I did do some quality watching them play Teeball and Coach Pitch Baseball...K~man, the oldest, is becoming a good fisherman, as well as an excellent competition swimmer...Kam, meanwhile turning 5 is still figuring out what he likes, but is getting into Snow Skiing...he will chart his own course, with help from the parents.  My collection of Back Yard Feeding Birds continued to grow in 2019 as well...and the warmer weather gave me a chance to sit outside on occasion and down a craft beer and partake in a Hand Rolled Cigar or 2.



 
Back with a Look at June and July in the next installment...part #4

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...