Thursday, January 9, 2014

Meal Plan 2014....




We are slowly moving out of the early New Year Deep Freeze....still not above freezing, but that should end by the weekend, when rain may make things a mess....45 by Saturday and showers on the way....meanwhile things still look nice out, with the fresh and pure white snow, but that to will come to an end.

Checking out the Weight....and Bike for 2014....

I lost about 9 pounds over 2013...but of course that is only half of what I gained in the 2011-12 stretch, and in addition to the 40 pounds lost from Labor Day 2009 through 2010...the battle is never won, until it is over....approaching 65, with Blood Pressure down, the meds for same cut back, blood sugar better, and frankly feeling better than I did when I was in my late 30s and 40s I am feeling pretty good about it all...but the final 10-12 pounds to get me down to the 180 range, where I want to be, is my goal in the new year of 2014....I don't make resolutions, but I
do make attempts at doing what I want to achieve.  I have just two major goals in mind for this year.



The first is purchasing a Yamaha tw200 Motorcycle...a low cost {less than $4000} "Dual Sport"
 bike, with fat tires, that rides great off road, and does a decent job{at least from reports I have seen and read}on the slab and concrete highways.  With the seat sitting at only 31.5 inches above pavement, it has the right height for my short inseam, and long upper body...at 5' 10" and turning 65 in March, I have no desire for a tall bike that zips up and down the Interstate Highway...I have been there and done that, and have really no wish to run that route again.  Hopefully by April one tw will be sitting in my garage.


Now on to the Weight....hanging around 190, I managed to lose about 9 pounds the past year...after gaining some 20 the previous 2 years.  Of course this is all on top of the 40 or so I lost when it was discovered I had pre-diabetes 2.  Losing weight is never easy, even more so for a 65 year old, who despite officiating some 200 games a year, and lifting weights three times per week...but who also consumes more than his share of dark beers and ale, and had a fondness for deep fried foods.  The days of the food problems are pretty much past...I eat healthy and have found some great tasting and filling meals...the beers, ale, and even a bottle of Irish Creme, are another issue...those I find it harder to un-ass and cut back on.

 


Of late I have pretty much been eating certain meals at least twice a day....

Oatmeal with Honey and a Banana for breakfast at least 4 times per week, and Egg Beaters, without the fat, cholesterol, or carbs...mixed with fresh Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Red Chili Peppers{home grown at my buddy Rick's place in Indiana} Sweet Onions, and the Southwest version of the Egg Beaters....along with that a Greek Yogurt....all in total, these meals are far less than 1000 calories.  Drop in a few beers and a meat and green veggie meal later in the day, and I still am well below the 2000 Calorie and 200 Carb input per day...usually this is good for losing a pound or two per week{on average}...so, if I stay at it, I should be down to 180 by the start of High School baseball season in late March, just after my 65th Birthday on March 16yh.

Those are the "Goals" for this year.....but time will tell if I succeed in the hunt....

back later>>>>

Photos-Night View taken last night from my back steps....the snow is sticking around, at least for now.  The "tdub"200, the bike I plan on purchasing this Spring...The Egg Beaters Omelet that have become a staple of my more healthy diet.  And some Carolans Irish Cream....only 17% Alcohol, but with Honey and Heavy Cream, not conducive to losing weight....

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...