Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Part #5...13 Days in Naples

My assignment was to keep the house standing and the critters alive and well for nearly 2 weeks...That proved successful.  I also managed to get the kinks fixed in the Axle of the Jeep Wrangler, which had showed up on the way down to Florida.  I got some fishing in, albeit not as successful as I would have liked, plenty of beers down, including a 16 gallon keg that brother in law had left for me in the Lanai Bar....some good food fixed on the grill, and one trip to the beach, a couple to Wally World for supplies and to stock up the beer garden, etc.  For the most part however, with the exception of seeing my buddy Butch Mellinger and his Wife, Eran,  {who had lived near Venice, and was one year ahead of me at Venice Elementary and Junior High, back in the 50s and early 60s} at the Three Fisherman's in North Fort Myers, I stayed close to the house and did what I had traveled 1200 miles or so to do....kept the house and animals safe.

The Happy Wallet took care of my Axle problem{s}, as I had them go ahead and change out both seals, instead of just the leaking one, at a cost of $770, most of which I will {hopefully} get back, since I had bumper to bumper extended coverage on the Jeep....a move I had to make to justify paying what I had for a 10 year old Wrangler back in January, one with 64,800 miles on it.  Another problem would crop up as I neared home on the return trip...the right front ABS system alarm sounded...that gets taken care of tomorrow....again, "hopefully".

I spent much of the time, depending on rains, heat, and humidity, rotating between the living room, sitting at the kitchen bar, but mostly on the dock by the harbor, or the screened in Lanai, with a beer and hand rolled cigar in my hands....despite being alone for most of the trip, it was a relaxing time...if I do something like this again, Patricia will likely join me....but if Sis Kelly or Denmark Mike need me in a pinch...I am more than ready to head back down and do it all again.

Kelly and Mike returned from Denmark on Tuesday night October 22nd...I would stick around until Thursday morning, then head for the Everglades and Keys...not exactly sure how long or exactly where I would go....I missed a few opportunities, but with a storm coming, I was ready to work my way back north.

Coming Up Next part #6....Everglades, Loop Road, and Islamorada...

back later...  Photos{top} and 3rd Almost every night had a view to photograph at the Dock at Sunset....The pups, Belle and Alfie, hoping I would drop some steak their way in photo #2...the Rest....top to bottom:  A Medium Rare piece of meat I cooked up on the side grill where I enjoyed a "few" beers at the same time...a life worth living indeed...the Lanai Bar and TV where I watch mostly sports and enjoyed cigar and beer, most days.  Also The Birds, Sweet Pea, and Lola{whose name sounds like a girl but he's a guy}  :)  and Zowee the 21 year old cat, who game me no problems...and finally the view looking out of the Lanai, from the bar.







No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...