Saturday, January 22, 2022

Passings...


 My 97 years old mother passed away this past Wednesday, January 19, 2002...She passed away in a rehab facility in Naples, Florida, after suffering a fall about a month ago at my youngest sister's place.  She had a stroke on Monday, and passed peacefully 48 hours later.  My wife, middle Grandson, and I had talked to her last Saturday, she was in good spirits, and alert as she always was. The lady was sharp and had a memory like a sponge, right up until the stoke...her eyes and hearing had started to go...but otherwise she didn't pass along after months or years in a assisted living facility or COVID infested nursing home...I thank God for that...

Margaret Helen Teresa DeVore was born April 13, 1924 in Chester, PA, she lived her childhood in Wilmington, Delaware, and graduated from P.S. Dupont High School, in Wilmington, in 1942...She met my dad at the end of WWII when he was stationed in Newark, Delaware, they married in Ohio on January 5, 1946...Dad passed away on Christmas Eve 1972...by her choice mom never remarried, and after her retirement, she and our cousin, traveled much of the world for over a decade, she lived in Ormond Beach, Florida, for 30 winters, in Ohio from May through December, and finally in Naples at sister's place, on the Gulf of Mexico, for the last 14 months of her life, and a good life it was.

She lost my older Brother Mike a few years ago in 2016, she is survived by me and my two younger sisters, 8 Grandchildren, 6 Girls and my two Sons, and 9 Great Grandchildren, 5 boys {including my 3 grandsons}, and 4 Granddaughters ... Rest in Peace Mom, you have deserved that, after a long a glorious life, that others would envy.

Photos-Mom and me in front of my Grandma's House at Scott, Ohio, in 1949... 
and on her 94th Birthday in Naples, Florida, in 2018...

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...