Thursday, February 21, 2013

Road to Recovery?

Looks like Winter Storm "Q" will dump the snow west and north of us, while we get mainly ice...rather have the snow.  So they have a Winter Storm Advisory in effect for us from 8pm tonight until Noon tomorrow...

Regardless I had already decided to drop my game at St. Marys for tomorrow, I got another old Air Force Vet, a Colonel no less, with 38 years experience to fill in for me...thus ending my basketball season.  I just could not see trying to run up and down the court, a large floor, while trying to recover from the Bronchitis and under the medication that can cause lower leg pain and possible Achilles Tendon Rupture.  Don't you just love prescribed meds?  The doc gives me the possible side effects and of course you imagine you are having them....or at least you hope it's just your imagination.

With the medication, something called Ciprofloxacin, I did sleep better, not as "noisy" or as much rattle in my lungs and brain...but I am nowhere near 100%.  Looks like I will take a few more days off from working out...satisfied with turning up the volume on my XM Radio that is on my Internet, or watching the tube at night....last night, I switched the channels between Ohio State kick ass on Minnesota in men's basketball, and the NHL Game between the Philly Flyers, my favorite team, and the hated rivals, Pittsburgh.  In a back and forth penalty filled game at Pitt, the Flyers rebounded for a late tying goal to slap one in with 90 seconds left and came away with a 6-5 thriller.  I then headed off to bed, to try and make up for the 3 hours restless sleep the night before...Mission Accomplished! 

I blew off the Baseball Rules Meeting at Van Wert....I've got plenty of time to get my four required meetings in...although as President-Elect and the head of the Mentor/Mentee Program I want to get most of the meetings attended...but I just wasn't feeling up to the 22 mile drive in the cold last night.

Hopefully I will feel better by Saturday, Patricia and I will be heading down to Centerville to sit with Grandson Kasyn, while Hal and Lisa belatedly celebrate their 2nd Anniversary....speaking of family, Anissa also came down with Bronchitis...and was put on meds last night...her bout does not appear to be as serious as mine....but with her other handicaps the last thing she needs is a major illness.

So while I attemp to recover...today I will maybe watch the twin races at Daytona...now you will know just how bored I am, being sick and all....I don't watch daytime TV...and NASCAR these days in a drag....just sayin'

back later>>>

Photos-Basketball, for me, is finished for another year, and hopefully I will recover enough to sit with 15 month old grandson Kasyn this weekend...

2 comments:

sam said...

I mostly Watch Judge Judy and the Western Channel when thre is a good movie except for the Gene Autry stuff. How did we watch that crap when we were young . I watched the Duke -VT blowout for a while last nite and decided it better to to go to bed . Feel better soon brother the Mini is almost here .

Anonymous said...

Fantastic site. Plenty of helpful

information here. I am sending it to several friends ans additionally

sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you in your

effort!

my weblog show.giftcentral.ru

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...