Saturday, August 22, 2015

2015 The Year of Dual Sport TW Riding{in photos} part #2

After getting off to a slow but steady attempt to get back into motorcycle riding the first year, 2014, proved to be "OK" nothing special...but after discussing plans with other members of the TW Forum:

http://tw200forum.com/forum/forum.php

A plan was devised for 30 or so of us to meet at the desert mountain areas around Moab, Utah, a place of natural beauty and challenges that appears to be perfect to get off the snide, and really to see if I was ready, approaching 66 years old, to ride Motorcycles again, like back in the days of yesteryear....

Hooking up with a lawyer from nearby {70 miles} Auburn, Indiana, was the key...."Borneo" as we will refer to him here, is a mountain climber of some international standing, among his other talents....he also owned a TW along with a stable of Jeeps and other Motorcycles....his Nephew "Weasel" was going along to Moab as well...Weasel being a good  rider and with plenty of mechanical knowledge would be a asset I was glad to have along....finishing out our Ohio/Indiana foursome was my old buddy Nick, who had not ridden since I owned the Kaw 250 back in my Red Door Bartending Days in Celina...40 years ago.  He wanted to take a Quad to ride in Moab, but after a day of drinking plenty of craft beers and smoking hand rolled cigars, he signed on with a brand new 2015 TW from the same dealer I had purchased my 2014 a year before....

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/


He got a better deal than me....and after some issues with trailer tires on the way home, we unloaded his TW into the Nick Garage in February ....  the four of us, who would be joined by 25 or so others, would trailer those 4 TWs and head for Moab on March 20th....





Here I sit 5 months later with football officiating in front of me, and I smile....those 5 months would see a few bruises a couple of falls, and 2400 or so miles, most of it in Moab and the Upper Great Lakes....what a ride it has  been, making me all the more ready to do it again next year....but first I do have one more "Road Trip", that will be the 100 or so miles each way to the old Houseworth homestead town of Waldo, Ohio, some 20 miles north of Columbus, and the home of the world famous Baloney Sandwiches at G & R....

But first I have to post some of my favorite photos of the riding year, from both Moab and the Great Lakes Rides....

those coming up next:

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...