Saturday, August 22, 2015

2015..Year of the TW Motorcycle Adventure Rides...{in photos part #3}

continued....

So after a full year of owning the Yamaha TW200 and putting about 600 miles on it, we were set to begin a 5 month session of logging another 2400 miles, a full 4 times the miles I had ridden in the previous year....it all began as we trailered four different year TWs behind Borneo's Toyota Truck and headed west some 1600 miles across the plains and  Rocky Mountains....



From rural Auburn, Indiana, we headed south down I-69 through Indy, then on to I-70 where we would continue through to Utah, not getting off the 70 till we jogged south to Moab....we spent the first night in Western Kansas....arriving at the KOA south of Moab mid afternoon ...

 Perfect Weather, more or less would greet us
and would remain for the next week....

Good thing to, with 4 of us cramped into this cabin, me out front and the other 3 in bunks...showers and toilets were a few yards away, good thing to, not sure what that cabin would smell like with a john in with us four snoring, farting guys....? 

Our TW Forum Buddy Paul{Z-Diver}would be a cabin away....

The First Day {or was it day #2, gotta start keeping a running diary for these future rides} we headed to the "North Camp" where most of the "Dirty 30" were staying...sadly, the original planner of the trip "Ron from Boise" would become Ill and head back to Idaho, before we could meet him{he would pass away less than a month later}

Crazy as we were, Nick and I, totally unprepared for Sand Riding, headed out with others....and that first day didn't end well for either of us....making me wonder to myself "What the Hell did I get myself into"?


Now that I remember, that was Day 2 at Moab...after a night in town downing a few craft beers, things would improve, at least for a day....riding wise>  left to right Sherman{Weasel} Nick, Paul{ZDiver} and Borneo....did I mention I hate sand riding?

Riding the Potash .....3/22/2015

Probably one of 2 of my favorite days of riding...the solo ride later in the week was pretty sweet as well, but for pure accomplishment, the Potash Ride was tops....as for excitement, the next day, riding with Borneo and Fred, would top the billing: 

The Potash Road was a challenge, one bike failed[not a TW} but the rest of us that began would finish the trek, not without some sand and spills on Nick's part and some challenges for the rest, but we did finish at the overlook above Canyonlands....What a Great Day and Ride it was:

http://www.go-utah.com/Canyonlands-National-Park/






Back to camp and I think a few more beers were in the cards....I had already rode higher and more challenging than I had thought I would....but the next day would even be a bigger challenge, and bring me close to "The Edge"

back later with that story and photos.....


 

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...