Saturday, November 18, 2017

Moving On From VSPA and OHSAA

This will be the last Blog Post that I mention either of the bloated "Ass~ociations" listed on the top...as I do indeed move on from both after a short round of fire at them.

A mere six weeks ago I was cruising along in the middle of football season, when I received the word from the Ohio High School Athletic Association that I was being investigated for....drum roll please..."unethical conduct"...WTF? was my first thought.  As it turns out my unethical conduct was for daring to post on social media my thoughts on politics and today's headlines....well that went over like a lead balloon.  I answered the charges and was suspended without a hearing, all because of the fat little Dictator in Columbus, named Beau Rugg...pretty much a failed official {and likely human being} who somehow fell into power at the OHSAA, and now gets to hand out praise, and crumbs to those who follow like blind sheep his wishes and commands.  And there are those that will in hopes of getting a prized tournament gig at the state and regional levels...of course you might "earn" and extra $100 or $200 bucks a season, if you kiss the King's back side....hardly seems worth it...does it?

I can assure you I've never had to kiss anybody's ass for the post season games I've received, nor anything, good or bad, that I have gained on God's earth, and I'm not about to start now, as I approach 69 years late this winter.  I did make the two mandatory appeals in order to keep my legal options open...they were rejected as I knew they would be...they "invited" me to Columbus {my expense of course} to appeal directly to the Board of Bean Counters under Rugg and his Superior "Doctor" Dan Ross...what the Hell he is a doctor of is anybody's guess?...likely bean counting and bullshit like the rest of them.  I balked on the November 1st date, and Rugg's little toady, named Ben,  told me that January 2018 would be the next available date..."Fine" I responded, giving me more time to plot my options...after some soul searching, I knew my what my decision would be.

I would retire, I was perfectly happy not having to run up and down football fields and basketball courts, I had been sick of that action for years and the only reason I continued was because the various Athletic Directors and Assigners liked me and my work, and good officials, Hell even poor officials, are hard to find these days.  As far as baseball?  I would miss some of that, but not freezing my tail off in Mach and April, so I would retire from that as well, except for Summer and Fall Baseball...where OHSAA, Rugg, and Company, had zero say and where I have a good working relation with all....whether I continue to do baseball is a decision I will make sometime this winter, as for now my options are open, but my decision to retire from anything OHSAA is set in stone...good bye to them and good riddance.

VSPA {Vietnam Security Police Association}

The next shoe to drop was the VSPA Ban Hammer....

A few months ago a shit storm was started on the nearly dead VSPA Bulletin Board, a joke of a board because of the heavy hand of one Don Poss, a former LA Cop who came up with some half baked idea that politics and personal opinions could not be placed on the BB of the association because it would threaten the "Tax Free Status" of the group.  So much BS, those rules don't apply in this situation, it was Poss and the Dictator for Life, Steve Gattis' rule, designed to keep Gattis in charge and the peons under his thumb...

Why anybody would abide by those rules is a mystery?  Hell I never took orders well in the my Air Force days, let alone to let some half baked "War Heroes" {sic} tell me what to say, think, or do...

Without going into all the details {you can read them on previous posts over the last weeks on both groups}...a little toad of a racist VP of the group, one Hector Ramos, decided to pull his "Brown Power" out of his ass and insult long time member, 85 year old Jackie Kays, a good friend of mine...several of us responded to Ramos, mine was the most harsh, and I was eventually banned from both public and private bulletin board and ultimately dismissed from the group, although I was Life Member #575 and had been a member since 1999...what did I lose?  Not much!  A chance to attend the annual reunion place variously at Air Force Bases around the country, where for $2 or $3 thousand dollars who could watch Gattis, Poss, Ramos, current Prez Puppet Cain, and the list of a dozen or more people in power, hand out awards to each other for their "War Hero" exploits and keeping the lid on how much money was really in the coffers....

And the Comments that got me banned?  Well they were crude and I stand by every gawd damn word of them, and more:

    " You Hector are a disrespecting Son of a Bitch....who needs his anti American Ass Kicked out of this organization...you are not a PATRIOT and for certain not a brother of anybody worth a damn...you low life POS"

And when the thread started by Jackie was removed and he resigned, not because of me, but because of the Ramos insults, I responded to the charges thusly:

      "No apology from my end, let the chips fall where they may, I meant what I said and I say what I mean....Hector {Ramos} and Richard {Garcia, treasure} should both be removed as "leaders" of this organization....and I'm hardly the only member that feels this way"

Of course Gattis via Cain did the only thing they could do...remove co founder Terry Morris, and Me, from the group, forever, and banned the other co~founder John Langley, and my buddy Sam Lewis from the boards...I feel the pain, NOT!  Much like OHSAA, freedom from the bean counters and power hungry bigots at both associations is a good thing.  While the founders of the VSPA have some legal tricks up their sleeves to force the association to blink, I will no longer mention them on this blog, unless the Ivory Tower comes crashing down on top of them or the group in Columbus....

So what am I to do?  Continue to be the front man, along with Jack Smith at the Dayton Vietnam/Thailand Sky Cop Reunion which has grown wildly successful and pretty much cost free, except what one chooses to spend, the photo Session, complete hospitality rooms, and Air Force Museum are totally free, you spend only for what you choose to donate and the banquet if you choose to attend...I also have the Kokomo Vietnam Reunion and Boar's Nest, which are far more enjoyable than anything the VSPA could put out....and less costly to be sure.

Long Winded I Know.....but I needed to get the last report in and end this 6 weeks of comedy.  Next post will be something more enjoyable, I hope.

back later>>>>>

Photos-Logos from the VSPA and OHSAA, me working the Elida D4 District Tourney a few years ago,  and a couple of shots from 2017 and 2009 at Dayton Sky Cops, a group I co~founded as a successful alternate to the VSPA...it continues to grow strong.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Well said brother .I think my Life Membership with VSPA since the very early 2000s has also been revoked .Ive moved and they don't have my current address so my letter is probably floating around in the US mail system .Oh Well their loss not ours ,sam

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...