Sunday, April 12, 2015

Moab...looking back and photos...Epilog




With last weeks heavy rains and more to come this week, so the forecaster are saying, I still managed to get a game in Friday, and then a Triple Header{3 teams playing 2 games each} in yesterday...sweet weather, a good paycheck, but I am dragging ass...we had the grandsons for 36 hours, but Patricia was charged with watching them most of the time, as I was out umpiring....although I did get to spend some time with them as well.

With more rains on the way, I may or may not get some more days off from baseball, although with the downpours I still have worked 10 or 14 scheduled, with is about normal for spring baseball...

Moab....looking back, The Epilog...

Two weeks home now, we arrived back from our 10 days out, stay, and back from Moab, Utah, and our TW Riding Adventures...my ankle and right arm tendon are still somewhat sore, and that is after 3 weeks after the falls and injuries from that first Sunday in Moab, March 22nd...the old body still needs plenty of time to heal....lot's of time!

Reflections....

I cannot say I would change much about the week or the planning leading up to the Moab Trip....but there are some changes I would make:

The stay at the KOA was a good idea, rather than the North Camp...no way would I tent camp...even that is not going to happen in May in Michigan on our Mushrooms Hunting Safari....cold weather on the ground, is no longer on my "Fun List" of things to do....the cabin worked out perfect, as best it could.  4 of us snoring, farting, and sleeping in a small cabin wasn't first class, but looking back, the Camping Cabins at the KOA, as opposed to the tent or even the First Class Cabins, with showers and toilet facilities enclosed, was a better way to go....with the showers and toilets, a few hundred feet away, we could keep the cabins clear of the smells and heat of 4 people showering and using the facilities.....for a couple or two riders the fancy cabins would work, for four guys, these worked out best.

My three partners and I got along great and had no problems...sure me and Nick had our usual pissing matches and battles, but, after 50 years of knowing each other, we knew we would rub each other the wrong way on occasion, and would survive anyway.

Now the parts I would change....

I would have a better plan on riding trail....the first day, Sunday, was not fun....I hated the sand, and ended up falling twice, and came up with my two "major" injuries....not major in the reality of things, but still something I could have and should have avoided....

Day 2 and Day 3 were pretty well perfect....sure I almost bought the farm on two occasions....I still am not fond of "HEIGHTS", but glad I took those rides...and despite another fall....I have no regrets, especially from the Monday Ride, which was pretty much perfect in my opinion.

Wednesday I got a chance to ride and talk with Mel, and did not mind heading back early....however, I should have went out on my own after that, instead of reverting back to my beer drinking ways a bit early....

Thursday, out on my own, was fine....however, instead of a 50 mile trek on roads I was familiar with, I should have headed to the Arches or some other place as well....and Friday, if I had to do it all again, I would have headed to places unexplored, and put another 100 miles or so on the TW, rather that sticking around camp and town....

But then, hindsight is always 20/20, and I have no complaints...the trip to Moab, even if I never make it back, was well worth the time and cash{which frankly was pretty cheap, all things considered}...

The 28 or so other folks that rode, were stand up people, and honestly I cannot think of one person I met, whom I would not ride or spend time with again, if that opportunity arises somewhere down the road....all in all on a scale of 1-10 this "Moab Adventure" rates at least an 8....

Photos Up TOP  Mel's Ride.....(1) on the Way to Moab...(2) Kasyn "Chilling Out" (3) Kam's Man Cave...4, 5, 6, 7, On the Way to the Island in the Sky...

Now for some more photos.....

back later>>>>>

















No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...