Friday, October 27, 2017

More OHSAA More Fall Road Trips More Covered Bridges

Head Cold Hangs on Rain on the Way...

Week has been pretty slow, but I did get my 2nd appeal of my Officiating License denied by OHSAA...which came as NO surprise, and actually I would have been disappointed and shocked if they had overturned it...one thing about the group of bloated losers at the Ivory Towers of the Ohio High School Athletic Association, they are consistent in denying any mistakes or wrong doings on their part...even if it slaps them upside their swollen heads of importance...

They wanted me to come down next week {November 1st} for a third and final{futile} appeal before the Board of Directors...I declined.  Why waste a day and gas money to travel to Columbus, for what?  The next date won't be until January 11th...I told them I might make it that time...doubtful, but in the meantime the cases against OHSAA continue.  Jon Everhart's deposition along with the head henchman, Beau Rugg's come today in Everhart's case...although different from mine{his suspension was for alleged violations while actually officiating} will still make the rat's squirm in their seats....I will wait for that outcome before moving forward with mine.

As I have said, it really no longer matters, regardless of final outcome, I am happy with my decision to retire, and the longer I am away the more comfortable I feel....but I still would like to stick it to those clowns and the bastard{s} who collected private BS and fed it to them....they better hope I don't find out for sure 100% who they are...just sayin'  It won't be pretty...not much worse than a pissed off old Vietnam Veteran with time on his hands...

Between the Head Cold and the Cooler weather, I decided not to ride the TW, but still got into the Nitro and drove over to Logan County yesterday {110 miles total back and forth and around the back roads} to find the one classic covered bridge I had not came across in this area....

The McColly Covered Bridge...

Located between Jackson Center in Shelby County and Bellfontaine in Logan County sits the McColly Bridge.  Built in 1876 for just over $3 thousand , it was completely redone in 2000 for a cost of over $600,000...now that is inflation....!!

McColly Bridge History

With the Sunshine out in full and despite feeling somewhat lousy thanks to my annual fall cold{at least this isn't Bronchitis, so far} The weather was pretty good for a middle fall "Road Trip" .

I got plenty of photos of the bridge from various angles and some of a nearby long abandoned farm house...enjoy!

back later>>>>



No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...