Friday, October 13, 2017

Part #7 PRH vs OHSAA "Where do we go from here"?

Here I am on a Friday Night...no game to officiate, well Hell I didn't have on last week either, but this week the crew, minus me and Big John Hawk who is in Lima's St. Rita's Hospital with some major health issues, but the crew cobbled together a couple of other guys and they survived a 42-7 blowout game at Riverdale over Arcadia....and you know what?  I didn't miss it at all...I put 60 miles on the TW today, riding around farm country, stopping, smelling the .... well if you live in farm country, let's just say, the country air, while snapping a few dozen photos of old buildings and country sights.

Fact of the matter is, I don't miss any of it...I thought I would have a bump, but no...I can now look forward to the next few weeks of hopefully nice weather...then Patricia and I will head to Wisconsin for an early Thanksgiving, then the Holidays...and NO Basketball...thank God!

I'm done...sure, I may pick up a baseball game or two next spring on the college scene and Summer ACME level, but to tell the truth, at this point, if I don't work another game of any kind, I am pleased with the past 2 decades and know what I did on the field was far better than most...including anything my suspender has ever done, and frankly Beau Rugg and the Ohio High School Athletic Association can Kiss My Ass...it's their loss.


Yep, I will push the appeal forward, but the outcome is set, and even if it wasn't, I'm not coming back...I've never been one, even in my Air Force days, to let somebody tell me what to do or say, and I'm sure not going to let some paper pusher, sitting on his fat ass, living on his double dipping income off the backs of poor suckers working for $35 to $70 a game,  while  paying way to much for uniforms,  that for some reason, {eye roll} OHSAA feels the need to change every two or three years.  I can only guess which of these bastards are lining their pockets with that windfall cash?  Then there are the dues, now at $105 for three sports...so the bloated circus clowns can head for Vegas or some other locations for "conferences" ... yea, I want to continue to put money in those coffers and greedy pencil pusher pockets....not!

As far as legal action?  I will turn that over to Jon Everhart's guys in Columbus...I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure, no matter how wrong it might be, a business or organization can cut ties with you for just about any reason...sure I'm getting screwed out of a few hundred bucks, my reputation is being trashed by OHSAA...but as I said yesterday..."No more free or great feeling knowing that you could care less what these clowns, or anybody thinks about you" ... I have tried to live that for most of the last 5 decades since I got out of High School...and it is a great way, actually the only way, to enjoy life.

So I'm done, and at 68+ damn relaxed and glad I am....

But for the likes of Beau, his sidekick,  the head of the "Good Ol Boy" system and the bloated  band weasel that wasted his time rooting through my social media postings like some sleazy film noir Private Dick...I give you a simple middle finger "salute" ... but it's not likely you have heard the last of or from me.....

The story will continue, but my officiating career, at least for anything OHSAA related, is finished, and that in itself is a good thing.  The good and bad were always present, but it has been time to walk away for the last few seasons, especially in basketball and football...and this makes it that much easier.

back later>>>

Photos-with no game tonight, I took a ride on the TW Dual Sport and came up with a couple dozen photos...here are a few:

Below...Elida District D4 Finals 2014  Working the plate with Jim Runneals{Rockford, Ohio} at 3rd and Garry Mosier{Celina, now Casper, Wyoming} at 1st base...




No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...