Wednesday, October 4, 2017

PRH vs the OHSAA part #3

It came out of the blue about 10 days ago....this letter from Beau Rugg's Office:

A surprise?  Kind of...I have never doubted that if some Bean Counter or a Malcontent fellow Official could get access to my private Social Media sites, they would go after me.  This appears to be a case of another official on a social site that was either "following" me or had friended a friend of mine, and got the stuff second hand.  There are some real assholes in the Officiating "Profession" at these lower levels, some trying to move up the ladder, some on the top rung who think that they own the rights to rule those of us who don't suck up to them, some with a personal axe to grind, and some far left wing clowns that hate me for my views and the fact that over the years I have moved beyond their limited umpiring ability. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe any of the young or even older guys I work with on a regular basis has anything to do with this, but there are some on the fringes that work with those I work with that would throw their own mother overboard for a chance to gain favor or at least run me out of the profession....anybody that sees the money we make, even with three sports, per year, would never call this a "profession".

 The fact that it came the week after I {as Crew Chief} had suspended a couple of players in a Varsity Football blow out the previous Friday and the coach of the losing team{63-8 after a 51-0 ass kicking at half time} complained to the OHSAA that we threw out the wrong player on his squad...when the facts were, we could have tossed dozen players.  I choose to limit the suspension damage by only tossing the first two combatants. 

Whether this has anything to do with the investigation and following suspension threat, is not known...but I suspect not....I believe this has been brewing and whoever decided to act, waited until I had posted enough on Facebook and Twitter that he or she didn't like, they would go after me.

The Bottom Line in all of this is....the so called "unethical postings" were only that in the mind of Beau and his Cohorts, along with the "perp" who chose to be a "Weasel" ....God, IMO, has a special place for those to gutless to face you in the light of day...after all I'm just a 68 year old crazy old Vietnam Air Force Police Veteran...what could I do?  :)

To some, especially those locked in their Ivory Towers, which are funded by the very people{officials/umpires} they serve, the only thing that matters is that we don't offend them.

So here I have been today, talking to assigners and ADs that this mess has affected....telling them that although I have no longer a dog this fight, in their issues of having few officials to cover their now new openings, that since the OHSAA won't help them out, I would...Why am I doing this?  Because unlike Beau Ruggs and his ilk, I actually have had a working relation with these people.  And it is a low paid, thankless job...especially sports assigners, none who make over $5000 a year in a part time job, which with issues like this becomes worse than full time.  Beau Rugg and Company hand out suspensions to honest brokers and rewards to their obedient slaves who hope to get a state title game or semi final game for a $150 or so...who the Hell would sell their souls for that?  Not me, but some do....amazing, isn't it?

part #4 coming up tomorrow...the on going issues at hand and what I plan on doing about it.

back later!

photos:  The First "Beau" Letter informing me of my possible "Crimes"  and a copy of a Regional Tournament Assignment contest back in 2010...I think it was $80 bucks or so with one way mileage money...if you drove 50 miles or more...Elida is 35 miles tops...damn no gas money.  Over the years I have been in Baseball assigned to 4 Regionals, a State Assignment, and at least 12 District triple games, as well as dozens of Sectional contests and 8 consecutive State ACME Summer Tournaments....you don't get those by being a "bad" umpire, since you fellow umpires, coaches and ADs, vote...the only fly in the Ointment for younger officials and those ignored by the higher up, is the fact that the Boys in the Ivory Tower at OHSAA and their officiating lackeys have the final say in State Spring Games....those usually are reserved for their small circle, at least these days....

3 comments:

Sam Lewis said...

Damn boy youre getting into more shit than I am with our stances LOL.Looking forward to your next installment

PRH said...

Stepping in it and see where and whom I can wipe if off on :)

Anonymous said...

Where are posts that are in question?

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...