Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to Normal....after the Reunions, Bonding, and Sunshine!

The Daily Routine, the weather, whatever, things appear to be sliding back into the normal realm, for the semi-retired.

The VSPA Reunion in Dayton is but photographs and memories, as is the Kokomo Vietnam Vet Reunion. The 10 straight days of outstanding weather, with temperatures running from the low 70s to low 80s, without a cloud in the sky, are also coming to and end.  High School Football, while the playoff season will stretch into December, is winding down, as the regular season has but 3 weeks to go...time flies this time of the year, but it will surely drag come winter.  As for me, today at least, is a day of rest....

After two straight days of football officiating, I get today off...I lifted weights and mowed mom's yard yesterday, so today, I can drop those off the agenda as well.  My lawn will need one more mowing at least, sometime this week, but for today, other than a good long walk, perhaps uptown or to the fairground, rather than the treadmill is probably in the works.  My desk is a cluttered mess of ball caps, pins, and other memorabilia from the VSPA get-together, so I will clear that off, and perhaps, if the sun appears, get some final photos of the leaves turning around Grand Lake, before they are gone until next May...but in general, the agenda is free and clear.  I believe Patricia told me she would be at school late, so I'll fix a late supper of Rib Eye Steaks, Baked Potatoes and some Green Beans...and that will be my day.

I have sorted through and sent out some of the photos from last week at Dayton...the collection is not as varied in number or quality as I would have liked...but some of that comes from me not being used to the indoor functions on the Nikon, and from the folks I gave it to to take photos, only doing what I showed them...thus, despite some great outdoor shots, the indoor photos left something to be desired.  I do have some requests out however, and expect Al, Tony, and Harry, my Nha Trang cohorts to feed me some good quality shots, in the next days and weeks....

So we head towards the late fall and early winter...my football will end in a few weeks, then basketball beckons.  I've got a State Meeting to attend on-line, I may do that today, then again, I might not...the Van Wert Rules Meetings for roundball begin October 26th, then my first scrimmage comes sometime in mid November.  After the banquet circuit, I hope to lose the 8 to 10 pounds I have gained since last season, before the tip off of the 2011-12 basketball campaign.   Sure I'm still down 25 or so from the Summer of 2009, but want the basketball outfits to fit nice and loose.

First though I finish up football....and although being off tonight, tomorrow I work a game under the lights at Spencerville...a JH game, and it appears the rains may have an effect on that one.  The weather and time will tell...

Speaking of sports...oldest son Sam, majoring in Actuarial Science, continues to work for the Big Ten Network and OSU.Com....yesterday he was working the color for the OSU/Northwestern Men's Soccer game...after all the years broadcasting I never worked a nationally televised game on TV or Radio...  here Sam has already worked a few national games, plus got a Big Ten Award last season for Student Production.  Not sure what he plans on doing after he graduates from Ohio State next spring, but with the Act-Science degree and broadcasting as a side lite, he has a couple of options.

back later....

Photos-The sun over Grand Lake, having shown for the past 10 days or so, is covered with clouds.  My Antique desk is a cluttered mess of Reunion Memorabilia....back to English Muffins with my morning coffee, now poured into my new Nha Trang 14thSPS Mug, purchased at the reunion...Basketball is just around the corner....seems like football just kicked off yesterday.  And finally Sam's award from last season at the Big Ten Network, for Sports Direction/Production....

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...