Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rick Santorum for President....more Basketball Wars!

Crazy weather we are having....57 degrees at 10:50 in the morning as I start typing today's blog, a bit late again...basketball every night does seem to do that to one....I'm just glad to be retired, otherwise I really don't know how I would accomplish much at all....well, maybe I would just have to make a different use of my time.  In about 8 months I will be officially retired from Environmental Health work for a decade...where the Hell did that time go?

With a high near 60 today this is likely to be the warmest, or close to the warmest day, we will see in western Ohio between now and mid or late March....by that time, basketball will be out of the way, and baseball, my first scrimmage is slated for my 63rd birthday, March 16, 2012.  Speaking of basketball however......

Basketball Wars..Redux____

Working a girls Junior High double header last night, I solidified my observations over the past few years.  One being, basketball at this level, with some significant exceptions, is best left off my contracts in the future...while there are some good girls teams and coaches at this level, they are indeed few and far between.  Last nights two game resembled anything but basketball as we know it.  While you try to officiate on an even keel, if you do that for an entire game, those normally 6 minute quarter, 1 hour in total games, would reach 2 or more hours, and you would finish the games with less than 5 players on most teams, due to fouling, travels, double dribbles, etc.  I won't even try to describe the eight grade game, the second of the two, last night....except to say, we, despite our best efforts to 'let them play", fouled out 7 girls, five on the home team, and it could have been more.

Tonight I'm back, the JH girls again, this time at Lima Central Catholic vs Lima South....we will see how that shakes out.....

Rick Santorum For President____

Until now I have made no choice for President...those people I have liked in the past, have fallen by the wayside, or not even chosen to run.  As for the others, Mitt, Newt, Ron Paul, and others?  Let's say they are not what I am looking for, although all would be much better than the Kenyan Assclown that currently has turned our country into a 3rd world shithole, that is the laughing stock of an equally corrupt, pathetic world.

With this in mind, I sat down and looked how candidates stand on the issues....and only one pretty much hits all my points in agreement....Rick Santorum, the former Senator from Pennsylvania:

  http://www.ricksantorum.com/issues

Now, don't get me wrong, nobody is perfect, and in reality, Santorum has no shot at this point in time....but he appears to be the one person, still running, that 'gets it'....if and when he falls by the wayside, I will consider others, but for now he is my first choice in this "Anybody buy Obammy" world of mine.

The Sun has peaked through the overnight rain and gloom....the wind is trying to dry things off....and I will head out for a walk on this last day of Spring-like weather before , well before next Spring.

back later>>>>

Photos-Rick Santorum is my choice, for now...girls Junior High basketball won't be after this season....Smoke Em' if you Got Em'

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...