Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cigars, Ale, and {More} Sunrise Photos....

Yesterday was more like "normal" retirement day....now let's face it, it's been 10 years this Summer since I "retired" from the Health Department, seems more like yesterday, damn have those years and seasons flown by...and how! So I'm really not sure just what the Hell a "normal" retirement is.... Anyway yesterday I took the cat in for a trim....the old long haired cat, is no longer long haired, that and a handful of flea killing pills set me back $70+ bucks...What the Hell?  She is set for at least 6 months...after taking her out, I went to the MRSI Board Meeting, which lasted over an hour....then did a little shopping at Wally World, then on to the Celina Wine Store to pick out some beers...with the usual I grabbed a bottle of Stouds Triple Abby Ale.  Sitting on the back steps talking over the day and life with Patricia, I was smoking a cigar, and had downed a stout beer, when I decided to pop the cap on the Stouds....I took one taste, and realized that this was a bit different, that's when I spied the Alcohol Content on the label...9.04%...OK, this would be a sipper, not a guzzler....it was a strong brew, and by the time I had finished it and the Cigar, I was pretty much done for the duration of the evening....

More Windy Point, another Sunrise_____

I couldn't get back to sleep, after waking up at around 5am this morning....I'll pay for it tonight I am sure....but I got up, soon after Patricia got up for work.....and headed out.  I grabbed a large coffee from the Dockside Marathon in Celina, and headed for Windy Point on the lake's south side, to see if the sunrise would produce anything different....not so much.  No real cloud cover to produce anything out of the ordindnary, so I took a couple dozen photos, headed to Whiskey Run, where I snapped a few more...and headed home...I need some new spots to photograph on my spur of the moment mornings....

I was home by 7am and now am planning the rest of the day...no baseball until tomorrow's District semi finals at Coldwater....so I will take a stab at mowing mom's lawn, and then see what the rest of the day brings.

back later>>>.

Photos-A quiet, windless, cloudless, sunrise around Grand Lake this morning, Stouds Triple is an overly powerful Abbey Ale, the New Orleans Maduro Cigar went well with it....The Canada Geese and their young are the only visitors to the "new" Beach at Windy Point{see yesterday's post}...and the waters of "Whiskey Run" south of Montezuma were not moving at all this morning.

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...