Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Welcome to the Club Harry







Harry Bevan and I were stationed for a few shorts months together at Nha Trang AB, Republic of Vietnam. He left Nha Trang for the states in the fall of 1969, I headed for Tan Son Nhut a month or so later. As with most guys you were stationed with in the military, Harry and I have not seen each other since 69.


Harry however was one of the handful of guys I remember from my Vietnam tour of duty. Others that come to mind are Melvin Sloan, Marc Payen, Johnny Claflin, Phil Lange, Bruce Thompson, all from Nha Trang. Joe Prokop(also my basic TI), Aceavedo, and a few others from Tan Son Nhut(Saigon).


The Vietnam Security Police Association(VSPA) have brought some of us in cyber space contact with each other....hopefully before we all check out, we can gather together in person at one of the fall VSPA reunions(I last attended the one in Dayton in 2002).

Anyway Harry, recently retired from the Philadelphia Police Department, after 35 years, has started his own blog...and I invite you to help him keep at it. Slow and steady is the way I've learned to do it....1 year later this month for me.
Here is Harry's Blog:
Welcome Aboard Harry!

---------------------------


photos-Me(L) and Harry at Nha Trang and Marc Payen, QC Sgt KY, and Harry at the Nha Trang Main Gate/top a VSPA Patch...VSPA is open to all Air Force Security Police stationed in Vietnam and Thailand during the Vietnam Conflict.

2 comments:

FHB said...

I'll check it out. Sounds like he should have some interesting shit to post, after that long in the job.

Anonymous said...

I keep up with a lot of my old buddies from the Marine Corps, those that are still living, anyway.

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...