Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just a quickie...

quickie:  As in a quick post and I'm outta here....

Running behind____

After a Boys JH double header at Celina last night, I made a quick run to Dartball at St. Johns....lucky I did, a couple of the kids were sick and we would have had to forfeit....I was on time and made just enough players to get started on time and 3 games played.

As it was, we played better than last week, but still lost 2 of 3 to Mendon, to drop our second half record to 2 wins 7 loses....I went 9 for 19, all singles, with an RBI, to raise my average to .415, somewhere near the top of the league, depending on what the three guys ahead of me did last night.  Hopefully our players on the injured list, Martin and Cowboy, along with Sam, will be back in time for us to make a tournament run.

As far as the basketball, two good games with Celina defeating Fort Recovery in both the 7th and 8th grade games, both were close, as Celina's 8th grade team remains undefeated.  More whining than I like, by coaches and players, my partner Kathy, "teed" up the Celina 8th grade coach, and I warned a couple of players on both teams for showing too much emotion when a call went against them....but kept my record of no technical fouls called this season....although four of my partners have called "tees"....not that I am against calling them, I dished out five last year, but would rather let the game played out without those, if I can help it.

Tonight I am at Crestview for a girls JH double with their country rival, Lincolnview....off tomorrow and back at it Friday Night at Spencerville, then Saturday a double header boys 7th grade tournament at Wayne Trace....

Gotta go...back later>>>>

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...