Monday, April 1, 2013

Out with Roundball in with Baseball....

The Easter Weekend ended up being mostly sunny, despite a brief shot of rain both early Sunday morning, and for a few minutes last night, as Mother Nature welcomed another shot of colder air...the weekend itself was near normal temperature wise with plenty of sun.

Garry and I opened up the regular baseball season Saturday morning with a single game at St. Marys vs Bellefontaine beginning at 11am...he did the plate, and there were no arguments or even close calls during the two hour game, a win 9-0 for the visitors...after getting Zero games in during the scrimmage season, it's always good to knock the rust off...it will be 15 degrees colder with some north winds tonight as I take the position behind the dish for the Kalida and Delphos Jefferson game tonight at Delphos.  Despite some colder weather for the early week, it appears we will get most if not all games in....next week?  Not so likely, that looks wet, but we will take it one game at a time....and one week at a time.  On Friday morning I am scheduled for a check~up and reading of my Carotid Artery yearly check, some 12 1/2 months after last years surgery.

Yesterday we had a small get together here, sister Marty, brother-in-law Pat,  all three of the daughters and the two Grand kids, stopped by for a few hours, along with Anissa, Hal, daughter-in-law Lisa, and Grandson Kasyn...we ate well, watch the grand kids play, both indoors and out, and watched as both Duke and Florida were dumped from the NCAA Tournament....joining Ohio State and Marquette on the sidelines....hated Michigan, Louisville, Syracuse, and upstart Wichita State, will battle next week for the title.  With my teams, Duke and OSU out, and my brackets busted, I
have no reason to find much interest in the tourney...but will root for the Wichita/Louisville winner to take it all....

Hal and family left about 7, Anissa was picked up at 8....and we settled in for the night...I watched the end of a Hockey game between the Blue Jackets and the Ducks, a Columbus win...while Patricia took in the last segment of the History Channel Mini Series "The Bible"...I will catch that remainder of that well produced series later in the week, as it will be re~played a few times this week.

Today, a day off from school for the wife, and she is back Centerville watching the Grandson....I'm sure she would do that full time if she could....and if she decides to retire after this school year, I'm sure she will be wanting to see more of him.

Later today the Cincinnati Reds will kick off the season with their annual Opening Day....the old tradition of the Reds having the National League opener all to themselves is long gone...but they still get "Opening Day" at home...this year the first ever Inter~League Opener as the take on the Los Angeles {nee'} Anaheim Angles...I should be able to catch the last couple inning, at least on radio, after my game at Delphos.

back later>>>>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I blog often and I truly thank you for your content. This article has really peaked my interest.
I will book mark your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week.
I opted in for your Feed too.

Also visit my blog post - Credit Home loans

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...