Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Changes.....

With the election over, but not the bitching from both sides continuing, I figure it's time to discuss politics less and enjoy life more.....sure on Twitter and facebook, I will continue to slam the Kenyan Bastard Child in the White House at every opportunity, but really it's time to move on....nearing 64 who knows how many, if any Presidential Campaigns I have left to concern myself over?  Time for more photography, more sports and officiating, and more enjoying things other than politics and/or wasting time on the Internet.  Other changes include cutting back on "craft" beer consumption and other things that I use my limited "fun money" resources on...there are different things I would like to do before I take up the sedentary life full time.

So that is the plan...we will see how my plans work out.....

Basketball, final scrimmage.....

Last night I worked my final scrimmage of the pre-season.  I was at New Bremen where the host Junior High team took on Waynesfield-Goshen for about 2 hours....this morning my foot is a bit sore, but not unbearable.  I have come to the conclusion that I will have to live with some foot pain, and probably not work as many back to back nights in the future, especially during basketball season.  Baseball?  Not so much.....Football? When that is probably more like Basketball, and I will likely have to back off some.  Age brings with it various aches and pains, and I've been pretty lucky over the years.  No major broken bones, no blown out knees, and the only major surgeries, a ruptured appendix and the Carotid Artery surgery this past March, had little or nothing to do with my officiating or other physical activity.  Of course the foot and heel issues are connected to officiating, while a torn tendon in my left bicep a decade or so ago, were related to my weight lifting, back when I was doing some heavy lifting in the old Racquet Club days.

Anyway, changes are needed both to my daily routine, and to my work out and officiating schedule.  No, I'm not giving up anything in total, but I do plan on "cutting back" on several things in my daily life schedule.

Speaking of Changes.....

The Holiday season kicks off tomorrow....well actually tonight.  In the old days we always had our pre-Thanksgiving Day party at the Lake Front Racquet....and that was the unofficial start of the Holiday/Winter Season.

Speaking of 'Holiday"....I never could figure out why people on the right and Christians{which I am a proud member of both} get upset with somebody saying "Happy Holiday", rather than "Merry Christmas"....sure I celebrate Christmas as the birth of Christ and I say "Merry Christmas" when it's Christmas....but tonight and tomorrow begin the actual "Holiday" Season, and it will last until January 2, 2013....so let me be the first to say a "Happy Holiday" and Merry Christmas to all.

back later>>>>

Photos-Very little sun yesterday and no sunrise when I took my before dawn tour around Grand Lake, but I did snap a few interesting photos.

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...