Thursday, November 20, 2008

Glenn Beck smokes Stephen King at #1

This weeks Best Seller list of Fiction Books shows Conservative talk host Glenn Beck topping the list at #1 with his fact based life story "The Christmas Sweater".


Beck the #3 rated radio talk show host in America has recently announced the move of his Cable TV spot from CNN Headline News to the more right friendly Fox News coming in January. Beck will host the 5-6PM hour Monday-Friday on Fox.

A couple of years ago, left wing horror writer Stephen King called Beck "the mentally challenged younger brother of Satan". Now who would know Satan better than the Maine Nutjob King? I have to admit, I have read the writings of both Beck(his non-fiction works) and King. I enjoy both authors...but my politics are more in line with Beck, rather than the New England lefty blue blood, King.

On a recent show Beck discovered that his book and King's newest collections of short stories, "Just After Sunset", would be released on the same day....Glenn at that time believed he had no shot at topping King...but hoped he could stay close, just to drive King nuts....well, he did more than that...Beck started out as #1 on the new bestseller list with the NY Times and nationwide...while King came in #2. Stephen King cannot be happy with the first time Fiction writer and his nemesis, Glenn Beck, topping him the first week.

Beck has been successful as a non fiction writer, radio talk show host, and coming up next, look for the 5PM Fox News slot to become top rated. Beck has been on top of the economy story for a couple of years now....his critics called him a scare monger{and of course the usual racist, bigot, hater of queers and Muslims for years} for his economic and other views....it appears that Beck has been right on target...far ahead of Rush, and O'Reilly, when it comes to the economic meltdown. It now appears he has come out ahead of Crazy Steve King, when it comes to the New Best Seller list.

Way to go Glenn! Congratulations.......

Beck's Radio Program can be heard on many AM stations from 9 to Noon Eastern Time....his Fox News Cable slot will be featured coming in January from 5 to 6PM....if you are right of center or even middle of the road, he is worth a listen...if you are left of center? Forget it, your hate filled brain can't handle the truth.

back later>>>>>>>>>>>
Beck's "Christmas Sweater" tour is barn storming around the country over the Holiday Season...details on his web site.

10 comments:

Cookie..... said...

Yupper...I used to read just about anything King wrote...then he started spouting his left wing bullshit...and that was that. BTW, from what I've read about him, when he was growing up, ALL his neighbors considered him "a very weird kid". Figures don't it?

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

I like to read King and have for a long time. I just pretend he is not a nut job commie and things go good. Glad glenn beat him out though.

PRH said...

Sometimes you gotta read what you like...I read Randy Wayne White mystery stuff...but I know he's another lefty, although not on the same level as King.....as long as their politics don't infest their novels I can handle them...but I too am glad Beck won the #1 spot this time around.

FHB said...

Someone gave me an audio version of his book. I guess, now that I'm doin' all this drivin', I might as well listen to it.

Generally speaking though, I guess I'm old school. I want my news people to just read the friggin' news. Guys like this, from ether spectrum, should be on a channell all their own so we don't have to wade through their opinions to tryy to find out what's reallyy goin' on.

PRH said...

Sorry to say FHB....the left took over the so-called "news" years ago, that's why we have to have opinions that differ from idiots like Dan Rather and the hacks on MSNBC....otherwise we get only on version, the far left.

Beck is one of the good guys.

Deborah Wilson said...

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. King has been in the #1 (or at least the top 5) for 30+ yrs. As long as he writes a good story, he probably will remain, if not on top, very near the top.

Probably about 70% of all celeb and writers are to the left - for some it justifies their political views, for others it gets them attention, for a few of them it helps with box office or book sales.

I don't know what King has said of late, but I got the impression way back that he was anti-war, etc. I really don't listen to anyone's political views that is associated with Hollywood.

I agree, as long as it doesn't overflow/infest the books I just enjoy the read. That's why fiction is always the safer essay/novel. Non-fiction, you have to be careful with - 60% of it, you have to either learn to see it for what it is and ignore/laugh it off, or commit it to file #13 (trash bin).

This is not to say that I haven't already banned some people - in King's own words (Riding the Bullet):

"Fun is fun and done is done."

:)

Deborah Wilson said...

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. King has been in the #1 (or at least the top 5) for 30+ yrs. As long as he writes a good story, he probably will remain, if not on top, very near the top.

Probably about 70% of all celeb and writers are to the left - for some it justifies their political views, for others it gets them attention, for a few of them it helps with box office or book sales.

I don't know what King has said of late, but I got the impression way back that he was anti-war, etc. I really don't listen to anyone's political views that is associated with Hollywood.

I agree, as long as it doesn't overflow/infest the books I just enjoy the read. That's why fiction is always the safer essay/novel. Non-fiction, you have to be careful with - 60% of it, you have to either learn to see it for what it is and ignore/laugh it off, or commit it to file #13 (trash bin).

This is not to say that I haven't already banned some people - in King's own words (Riding the Bullet):

"Fun is fun and done is done."

:)

Anonymous said...

Top blog, I hadn't come across patsdailyrant.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Continue the superb work!

Anonymous said...

Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
exactly the same in the past? Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at patsdailyrant.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this blog post above if I give a link back to this website?

Thanks,
Daniel

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...