Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Back! At It, 23 year Coma.....and Dartball Results



For those long time viewers/readers of this blog, you know that from October 2007 through early March 2008 I went though a battle with Spinal Stenosis...that being severe back pain due to the shrinkage of the space in my spinal column. After getting a epidural injection just before Christmas of 07, I slowly recovered, and since March of 08 my back problems have been fewer and less painful. That all changed yesterday....

More on that after a look at a Headline......


Man survives Coma for 23 years____




Hopefully this will give some food for thought to the Ghouls in and out of the media who cheerleaded the murder by starvation of Terri Schiavo in Florida, back in 2005....Schiavo had much the same diagnosis at this Belgium, and her husband, and the courts, the murdering bastards they are, let the women die the slow death by starvation....may they roast in Hell for their crimes. Those that supported pulling the plug on Terri Schiavo need to ask God for forgiveness, because I sure the Hell wouldn't forgive or forget if I was a member of her family.

Dartball_____
With some new back pain to deal with, I headed to Rockford last evening to toss darts for a couple of hours....I figured it(back pain) would throw me off on my delivery. That, added to the new location at the Rockford Church and the lower ceilings there didn't add up to a good night.


We took the first game 7-2 and I was 2 for 4 with a couple of RBIs, things went south from there. After jumping out to a 3-0 lead in game #2, we folded up, finally losing in 13 innings by a 6-4 score, I was only 1 of 5...game #3 we lost 5-3, I was 2 for 3 when I came up in the top of the 9th, with a runner on, down by 2...I proceeded to toss the dart off the board for an automatic out, thus ending the game....I finished 5 of 13 with 3 RBIs to see my average fall to .406. The team now stands at 3 wins with 6 loses....very inconsistent.

The fact that I threw off the board was noteworthy if for no other reason than I had only tossed off the board 2 times in 17 years until last night....and that was 2 years ago when I had the season long back issues, and tossed the 2nd worst average of my years, at .339...the only one lower was my first full season. The 4' x 4' foot board is usually a big target throwing underhand from 20 feet away....with only 3 off the boards in all these years, my ego took a hit last night....we move on to perennial power Schumm next week.

The Back{pain}____it's back!

Yesterday as I bent over to retrieve something in the downstairs coat closet, I felt a slight pull in my back....within a couple of minutes, I knew it was more than "slight".....I spent much of the day sitting in a hard back chair and also applied some "Icy Hot" patches to the lower back which was affected. After a 6 hour nap{which was pain free}, I awoke this morning with the stiffness still there, and the pain returned....a basketball scrimmage tonight at Lincolnview should be a test to see how bad the back is.

I doubt(hope) that the stenosis has returned, but believe this is just a muscle pull or strain....at least that's what I'm hopeful of....with scrimmages tonight, then Friday and Saturday mornings, plus the moving of Anissa's stuff...the back issue will be at the forefront.....Ibuprofen and Hot and Icy wraps will be part of the plan, plus a few beers later in the day....

Back Later>>>>
Photos-The back pain has returned in the short run{hopefully short}, Terri Schiavo, the lesson unlearned by the ghouls of America, and our standard Dartball Board....


















1 comment:

Larry said...

Total bummer, Pat. I've had very few "back problems", but a pulled muscle twice and it was truly excruciating. Recall sneezing one afternoon during an episode and literally screamed aloud -- with emphasis on LOUD. Good thing wife wasn't home or windows open. Other episode could hardly sleep. Get well!

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...