Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday, after the storm


Pretty quiet after the winds died down yesterday...which allowed us to get out and clear off what needed to be done....more snow on the way for Tuesday however, not looking forward to that.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday...I have to admit, I really don't care who wins or loses this one...usually there is some team to "hate"...Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, in this thing...I really have no "Evil Empire" team to dislike between Indy and New Orleans. The Colts with Peyton Manning, I have always liked more or less, and New Orleans? What can you say, they, like the Bengals, have had a sad history, and how can your really dislike them?

I'm supposed to head out to Nick's place for the big garage Super Bowl Party....but with the Bronchitis still not 100% cleared up, I may make a short appearance, and head back...even with the heated garage and 52" TV....the smoke and cold cannot be good for the yet cleared lungs....so will take it easy, one step at a time.

My friend Rick, up in Auburn, Indiana, waiting for his new house to be completed(April), still has time to come on-line on occasion....this morning he sent me this YouTube version of a sure to be a hit with us Right Wingers....

Here is the "ObamaNation"


Much of the video was filmed outside Amarillo at the Cadillac Ranch on I-40...

The post Holiday weight loss update____

5 months ago, my doc said, that blood tests showed that I was in either pre or the early stages of Diabetes 2....no meds was the answer, at least not yet...go lose some weight and bring down the BP....that was Labor Day.

After losing about 20 pounds before Christmas, the last 6 weeks have seen me bounce back and forth, gain a pound or 2 lose the same...it seems finally, despite the Bronchitis the past week, I am back on track. Down to 187 this morning, which is down a grand total of 27 pounds in the past 5 months...another 5 or so and I will call it a success. The BP and Blood Sugar are also down to near normal levels for someone who turns 61 in 6 weeks.

Although the meals and sugar/beer, etc, intake have varied...my usual breakfast has been consistent at least 6 days a week. An English Muffin with homemade preserves, a banana, and a gallon or so of coffee...usually about 1/2 to 1/3 of that being decaf. Why change a winning menu?

With 3 games wiped out this weekend...I get back to a full schedule, depending on weather....a chance to make up for the lost beer money, thanks to the snow...

Tomorrow at Elida, Tuesday at Antwerp, with a late arrival at Dartball sandwiched in between...
back later>>>>
Photos-The Drive Way after getting out the Snow Blower yesterday...left my own little medium in the middle/and my usual fare for breakfast...5 months, 20+ pounds gone, with BP and B-sugar down to manageable levels.

7 comments:

GeronL said...

Good work digging out, you should apply for some of those Alaskan oil royalties.

Good to hear your working to prevent diabetes. Dang that reminds me of my own weight problems, bigger than your but my lungs are fine. I don't and never have smoked, thank goodness.

Why did you include Dallas as a team to hate?? Thats just so wrong!! ;)

PRH said...

Used to root for Dallas when they played the Steelers or Packers in the 70s and 60s...but I cannot stand Jerry Jones.

Lungs are usually fine...Hell I officiate a total of 200-250 games(football, baseball, basketball) per year, but for some reason, this winter has caught up with me.

Never could stand cigarettes, but I still do about 50 hand rolled cigars per year, but no inhaling. Gotta believe smoking a couple in the Jeep the past few weeks didn't heip, I won't make that mistake again.

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

PRH said...

Anon:

Just logged on to my "Twitter" account for the first time in a couple of months yesterday...I may work my way back onto it...thanks for stopping by.

Jerry in Texas said...

Pat,
I'm so over winter already. Another round coming tonight. Let's go south!

PRH said...

Sounds Good Jerry...the older you get, the less cold/snow one can stand!

FHB said...

Your breakfast looks too healthy to keep me goin'.

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...