Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Morning in West Central Ohio


Clouds and cool here in west central Ohio again this morning....no Rec Football today, but I do have a 4pm gig doing some girls middle school basketball games...reminding me that, at the high school level, football is winding down, and basketball isn't that far off.

Another sign that winter isn't far off..the NHL season began this week...so far, so good....the Philly Flyers won their first 2 games and Ohio's team, the Columbus Blue Jackets won their opener last night, before heading west....would love to see those teams meet in the Stanley Cup Finals next May, but that's along shot{especially for Columbus} and a long way off....

I traveled north to Delphos Friday night to fill in on one of our Van Wert Association crews in the varsity contest between home standing Jefferson and NWC rival Crestview...Delphos came away with a 21-0 shutout of the visiting Knights....no major gaffs on my or the regular crews part, and the game went without incident. Got to bed late, crawled back out early Saturday and headed to Convoy to do a JV game between the same 2 schools...the score was the same, but this time Crestview came away with a 21-0 whitewash over the visiting Wildcats.

More football on tap this week, beginning with a JV game between Celina and Lima Shawnee tomorrow afternoon...in that varsity contest on Friday, Shawnee pounded the winless Bulldogs 52-0...not sure if Celina will win a game this season, hopefully the young team and young coaches will turn it around soon.

Another Project____

Being the semi-retired guy I am...my major concerns are keeping the blood pressure in check, which I have been doing, 134/64 with a pulse of 64, when I last checked on Thursday...also keeping the diagnosed Diabetes 2 in check, meaning no meds if I can help it...so far I'm down about 10 pounds in the past 5 weeks, falling below 200 for the first time since the summer of 2007...still the goal is 180, which means another 18 or 19 pounds to go. Also need to keep myself in shape while losing the weight, so I can get up and down the football fields and basketball courts. I'm guessing I will need to buy some new officiating gear, in the form of pants, before this basketball season begins. Walking the incline on the treadmill, and the Weider Weight Center in the basement will get a workout this fall and winter....no more heavy lifting however, reps and moderate weights are about all this 60 year old is willing to these days.

I've also decided to go through a slew of disks from my Sony Camera and run them through the Lexmark Photo Shop....thousands of photos on disks that I need to look at and see if I can "clean them up". Many are too dark, blurred, etc, and I would like to see how many I can save, that really don't add up...a winter long project will I plan on spending 8 or 10 hours a week working on.

One such photo is at the top...the original is at the bottom of Thursday's post about Nick and my upcoming trip back to the Au Sable River/Lake Huron for some Salmon fishing...the top is after I cropped and did some work on it....

Off to Church, back later>>>>
Photos-Me at the Au Sable last October/this photo was cropped and brightened from the one that appeared on Thursday's post...and the Old{1998} Sony Digital Mavica Camera...I have this one and the larger Sony Mavica 900..I continue to use them even though they are not as "handy" ..because they use the floppy disks, and it makes it so damn easy to upload to the blog.....I've had the 88 since 1998, why switch now?




No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...