Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dartball and "Global" Warming....

I have lived in Ohio, off and on, for most of my 63[this Friday} years of life....and there is no doubt, I have not seen a March begin like this one....weather wise at least.  Usually you get two or three days that reach the 70s, plenty of wind, some snow, lots of rain, ice, etc....but this, so far, is like no other...and the next 10 days show no signs of turning back to winter-like weather.  I love it!

70 today, with plenty of sunshine, 75 tomorrow with the same, then perhaps some rain...in fact all the forecast models show nothing but 60s and 70s for highs for the next 10 days...then perhaps some cooling to near normal temperatures for the last week of the month.  It must be those damn humans and their "man-made climate change/global warming"....NOT!

I'm hardly a professional climatologist, but I do know a bit about Science, Environmental Health, and Politics...I had to fight the left wing professors to clear my head of any bullshit they tried to force into my warped brain 35 to 40 years ago.   I guess I was lucky, rather than an 18 to 22 year old student, I was a 25 to 30 year old, and already jaundiced in my view of the world and those that populated it.  Global Warming, and man-made climate change is a lie....and don't bother trying to argue, it is a lie.  Formulated by the left and the media, in another attempt to brainwash the masses, especially children and students, for two main reasons:  Power(Control) and Money(Grants, your tax dollars, etc).  Sure this month of March in the heartland is going to set records....but it's got nothing to do with evil mankind changing dear old Mother Earth for the worst....besides, if this winter and this month were man-caused...I'M ALL FOR IT!  But it's not.....now run out and enjoy it, before April turns wet and cold.

Dartball All Star Game____

The season ended much like it began for me...with a close loss.  This one in the All Star Game at Bethany Church....playing for the South, I ended the evening going 5 for 12, with a triple and 3 RBIs...our team lost the first game 9-3, rolled back and took the second game 6-2.  In the 3rd game we jumped out to a 3-0 lead, but couldn't hold it...the North tied the game, in the 9th.  With 2 out, down 3-2 and a 0-2 count, the tosser, after just missing going off the board{out}, hits a single, the next batter triples to tie it...and then they score 3 in the top of the 10th to take this years contest 6-3 in the rubber game of the set.   We have had that happen before.

Next Monday, I'll be there, if I recuperate from surgery in time, for the Banquet...then the season will begin anew late next October, like it has every year since 1939.

Tomorrow I am off to Lima Memorial for a pre-admission check...hopefully the small cold I have contracted will be just a blip on the radar, and I will be healthy enough for the procedure by Friday afternoon.  In the meantime, it is, like life itself....hurry up and wait!

Off for a haircut...back later>>>>

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...