Monday, March 12, 2012

Post Vietnam Reunion, Watching K-man, and Surgery Update....

We finished up the "mini" Vietnam Security Police reunion at Wright-Patterson, and Patricia and I drove home in the sunshine...temperatures reached a near record 70 by mid afternoon....thunderstorms overnight, followed by some sun and highs in the low 60s.....

The Reunion was, as usual, a good and relaxing time...30 of us in total attended for varying lengths of time, some for the entire weekend, some Friday night and Saturday, and some just for a few hours on Saturday at the Museum....

Saturday Night, Hal and Lisa headed to the Dayton Gems hockey game and we were able to watch Kasyn for about 5 hours, and got to spoil him with some of the other attendees at Packy's at the Hope Hotel...he was, as usual the most pleasant of grandsons....

Today, was my turn to watch the 3 1/2 month old "K-Man"....as it approached Noon, I received a call from the cardio doc's office in Lima, requesting that I accept a change in my surgery date.....I could move it forward, or back....both them and I preferred a move forward...so I did.  The surgery is now scheduled for my birthday, this coming Friday, March 16th....Happy Yappy 63rd BD!

The change screwed some things up as far as family schedules, my early baseball schedule and this weekends plans, including the baseball clinic that I was scheduled to work....oh' well, let's get the surgery over with, come out of it OK, and hopefully move on with the Spring and Summer.  I have to tell you, the pills, the wait, the changes, and uncertainty have grown boring over the past weeks....I am ready to move forward, and make what changes need to be made.

Dartball tonight, the All-Start game....for the 15th time in 18 seasons....then things get finished with the banquet next Monday....I hope to be healed enough by that time to attend...but will take it one step and day at a time.

back later>>>>

Photos-15 of the 17 "Sky Cops" who attended the Mini Reunion at Wright-Patterson...Kasyn, with us on Saturday night at the Hope Hotel looking forward to Chowing Down...but at 3 1/2 months, he has a ways to go....and the Defender Statue at the Air Force Museum grounds...always the gathering place for our reunions at Dayton, rain, snow, or shine!

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...