Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Patricia


Mix of sun and clouds today, with a high approaching 70...more of the same for tomorrow, before the rains return from the plains on Wednesday...we really need a long, long, dry spell, but it doesn't appear that is in the cards for the foreseeable future, so I guess we take what we get. I should get my league games in tonight and tomorrow....A big match-up tonight at Convoy, between the hometown Crestview Knights and visiting Delphos Jefferson...this one could decide the NWC Championship...Crestview is a perennial favorite in the area, while Jefferson made it's first deep run last year in many years, with a march to the Regional finals, before bowing out. Both teams are in the same Sectional this season, so only 1 can make it past the District. Tomorrow a WBL game at Lima Shawnee against St. Marys is on the agenda...before Wednesday looks like a wet one...but time and the every changing forecast will tell.

Happy Birthday to my wife____

I met Patrica Callies about 35 1/2 years ago in Celina...I had moved back from upstate New York, and she had just moved to Ohio from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, and was living with a college friend of her's from Stout State University(now UW Stout) in Wisconsin. I was a handful of years older than her, but we hit it off rather quickly, and some 3 years later we were married at her home town church in Oconomowoc, on December 18, 1976....she has put up with me since....although I have not figured out why. These days she is the bread winner in just about total, with still another 9 or 10 years to go teaching. Meanwhile me, the aging Airedale, and the cat watch the house during the week and try to keep it somewhat in shape between baseball games in the spring, and whatever else comes up....so she doesn't have to do all the housework, although, she still bears the lion's share I'm sure.

May 4th is her birthday....like I said, a handful of years younger than me...you figure out the math.

I won't be home when she gets off from work, the baseball game beckons, but hopefully the small token of my appreciation is welcome...not nearly enough I know....

Happy Birthday Patricia....many more to come with us together, I hope.

back later>>>>

Photo-Oconomowoc 12/18/1976 with me, Patrica, and her parents, Bill and Bev.

4 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Happy birthday Patrica

Jerry in Texas said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. PRH!!!

Deborah Wilson said...

Happy Birthday, Patricia..:)

Grandpa-Old Soldier said...

A little late, but hope you had a great birthday, and many more

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...