Friday, October 12, 2012

Football(less) Friday....

My personal football season lasted a bit less than two months...and tonight will mark the first Varsity Friday{except opening weekend, when we worked a Thursday night game} since early August that I have had off.  I will be missing the Tinora at Wayne Trace game in the GMC tonight, a contest that will likely decide the Championship, and a playoff birth is on the line as well....both teams have a good chance there.

Ankle/Foot Update.....

I went to bed early, stayed in the sack until 8 this morning, allowing my left foot and ankle to rest while somewhat elevated...the swelling was down, but since I've been up and on it, some of the same is back, but it is slowly getting better, no way near normal, but healing none-the-less.  The 7 weeks or so, it appears, will be needed....when we return from Wisconsin in Mid November, I will have time to decide if I can make the opening of Basketball Season.

The Reds is Dead.....

What a total collapse by the Cincinnati Reds....

After a great season, which saw them win 97 games, take the NL Central by 9 full games, The Reds jumped out 2 games to none on San Francisco on the road, and seemed to have a strangle hold on the NLDS opening series against the Giants...but they defied history, not only becoming the first National League team to blow a 2/0 lead in a five game series, but losing all three at home, a place where they had 50 wins, tops in the majors, and had not lost 3 in a row all season.  A few changes, but not many, will be in store for next year....frankly, I would like to see Dusty Baker retire as manager, maybe with assistant Chris Spier as his replacement.  Scott Rolen needs to retire as well, after a great career, he just didn't have it this season...and Center Field needs to be addressed to...Drew Stubbs is not a plus.  Hopefully some team other than the Yankees or Cardinals take the title...however, I really don't  give a hoot.....I'll just enjoy the rest of the post-season without a dog in the hunt.

Weather or Not!

The fall weather, unlike last year, is more 'fall-like'....

The sun is shining this morning, and it appears we will have a dry Football Friday night, unlike last week when the heavy rains were responsible, at least in part, for my foot injury that has knocked me out of the season....no warm weather is in sight for the next 10 days, but a mix of cool and seasonable conditions that will require a jacket or at least long sleeves.  Between the weather and the injury, any attempts at working in and/or painting the garage have been put on hold....I cannot be on my feet{foot} for that long at a time...so my "wish list" is on hold, probably until next spring, unless I can recover quickly and the weather{Indian Summer?} turns warm and more dry.

The VP Debate....

Frankly I hit the sack before the Vice Presidential debate last night....I already knew what would transpire.  VP Joe Biden, would make an ass of himself, and Paul Ryan would mop the floor with him, viewing the "high"lites, that is exactly what happened.  As bad as the Kenyan Kuhn is...can you imagine what the country would be if that lying, plagiarizing, asshole from Delaware, was in office?  Hopefully a nice case of heart trouble or something would put that son of a bitch out of our misery before that happens....

These two jackasses have to go.....I'm not enthralled with Romney, but this election year is very important, if for no other reason than to rid the Republic of Obama/Biden and their attempt to destroy us.

back later>>>>



1 comment:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...