Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shutting Down the Season.....

After being in denile or is it denial{?} for three days, I finally came to the conclusion late last night, while watching the Orioles dispatch the Yankees in Game #2 of the ALDS, that my foot injury will put an end to my football officiating season.  While looking things up online, not always accurate, but it does give you some perspective, I came to discover my foot issues lay somewhere in the "middle foot sprain, fracture" realm....and whether it is of the major, minor, or somewhere in between area, my football season is finished....basketball, which begins for me on November 24th, is likely going to be delayed as well.

With Sam still around, looking for full time Actuary work, I can rely on him to work some games between his Ohio State and Big Ten Network gigs...the rest I will have to "dump" and will do the assigners and ADs a favor and find someone to work for me.  I will get a chance first hand to see how the insurance provided by the association works out.  I won't get rich, but I've paid my dues for many years, and should get reimbursed for the work related injury.....but like with anything else, time and paperwork will tell.  Yes indeed, 2012 has been one Hell of a Year for me.....Hell being the key word.

Don't get me wrong...at 63 you expect health issues...but for me, Patricia, Sam, and my mom(who is 88) 2012 has been a year that we would all like to forget, when it comes to doctor and hospital visits. 

So today at 2:45, I will head to the doctor's office, have him check out my foot, and then(I imagine) send me off for X-Rays and probably to someone else, likely a Orthopedic type...

Then home to watch the Reds attempt to sweep the Giants out of the baseball playoffs, and contemplate what the remainder of the fall and early winter will hold in store for my activity calender.....

back, with the results, later>>>

Photos-The top diagram is where the majority of pain is, while my foot{bottom} has show little improvement since the weekend....

No comments:

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...