Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back from the Docs.....

The deep freeze appears to be weakening, and we may hit 30 under sunny skies today. The next week to 10 days we will see highs in the 30s towards 40, but nothing out of the ordinary. Of course anything past 48 hours in the future is subject to change at the whim of Mother Nature.


It was 10 degrees and breaking sun when I headed to Minster this morning for my 6 month checkup....I had not been back to the office since my diagnosis of possible Diabetes 2. After weighing in, my weight was down 21 pounds since July{18 since I started the D2 Diet on Labor Day}...Blood Pressure was down from an average of 155/80 to 122/75, and my pulse was a nice level 62 beats per minute resting. Doc Bergman decided I should stay on the BP Meds for now{OK by me} and then they drew blood to see how my sugar levels were....I'll know more about that tomorrow. For now, turning 61 come March, I'm pretty pleased with the results so far....time/results will tell what lays ahead.


No games tonight...last night I did a Boys JH double header, with a female official, at Waynesfield. First time I worked with Jackie...and she was up with the game, and we got out in pretty good time. Both games ended up being wins for the home teams. Tomorrow night another Junior High DH at Spencerville, Friday a return trip to Lima Central Catholic for a JV Game, and Saturday it's back to Waynesfield for another Boys JV Game.


Out to feed the Birds and Squirrels....the winter of excitement continues.



Back Later>>>>

3 comments:

Harry J said...

Great job Pat, seems your well on your way to a healthy long life if of course the man upstairs says so...Harry

pancreatic cancer symptoms said...

Love the article. Great job Pat, thanks for sharing.

PRH said...

Yep, Harry, it's all up to him. Heck I could walk out in front of a car today...

Thanks PCS...you have an informative site...I have lost several members of the family, mostly cousins, to pancreatic caner. It is an American Tragedy. Hopefully someone will come up with an early detection method soon.

Before February Ends...

The plan is, is to get at least a post a month here for 2024...so here we are in later February so let's do it... It has been, for the m...